What hides behind the smiles and the vacant eyes? Arenâ€™t we tired of wearing masks? â€” Mark Wayne, Cowboys Are Not Supposed to Cry #Memoir #Grief #Healing #LifeAfter #Tramua https://amzn.to/3kdR49ETweet
Chapter 9, Wearing Masks – “Who Are We Really?” is the beginning chapter of Part 2: Embracing the Present of my memoir Cowboys Are Not Supposed to Cry.
This chapter bounces from the recent present, to the fall of 2004 when my only child was born, and back to the summer of 1993 in the months following Luka’s death. The questions I pose throughout this chapter still remain to this day, although many have lost much of their roar and ferocity simply by the act of naming them and casting them out into the world through my memoir. And there is this…
Can a mortal ask questions which God finds unanswerable? Quite easily, I should think. All nonsense questions are unanswerable. ~C.S. Lewis #Quote #WickedQuestions #UnanswerableQuestionsTweet
Life is filled with unanswered and unanswerable questions and life seems so random at times. But what if there was a purpose of something larger than ourselves. how would we then live? The questions that haunt our waking hours would slowly melt away and others might rise to take there place.
- God, what are you up to in all of this?
- What is my true role in all of this?
- What is my impact on others?
- How can I … (fill in the blank)
Just a few questions that I have pondered as I walk this path set before me. As opposed to the why me questions, that still pop up from time to time. Pulling on my boots and moving forward because sometimes when you can you should.
I plodded through my days, often feigning a reluctant acceptance because, you know, cowboys don’t cry; they just ride away.CHAPTER 9, WEARING MASKS – “WHO ARE WE REALLY?” – PAGE 85, MARK W. SCHUTTER
Read my thoughts on Part 1 – Reconciling the Past and the first eight chapters of my memoir, links below.
- Revisiting Chapter 1 â€“ Out of theÂ Sun
- Revisiting Chapter 2 â€“ A Far BetterÂ Place
- Revisiting Chapter 3 â€“ WalkingÂ Away
- Revisiting Chapter 4 â€“ Still Miles to Walk
- Revisiting Chapter 5 â€“ Death is Only the Beginning
- Revisiting Chapter 6 â€“ To Love Whatâ€™s Leaving
- Revisiting Chapter 7 â€“ I Am the One Dying
- Revisiting Chapter 8 – The Lingering Ambiguity