Death has always been a big deal! #Grief #Trauma #LifeAfterTweet
There are hundreds of bible verses about death, promising a blessed hope after this life. We joke, we ignore, and we trivialize death at every turn. If our physical death is inevitable for each of us why do we so often refuse to acknowledge it?
For centuries throughout history, death has always been a big deal… after a person has died. Ornate ceremonies and trappings to celebrate the life of the one who has died. Fancy carriages like the one above, now hearses, that carry the dead body towards a final resting place. Coffins that are spectacular in their craftmanship that only serve to rot in the ground or burn up in the fire.
- And the dust returns to the earth as it was, and the spirit returns to God who gave it. ~Ecclesiastes 12:7
- For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord’s. ~Romans 14:8
- And everyone who lives and believes in me shall never die. Do you believe this? ~John 11:26
- The last enemy to be destroyed is death. ~1 Corinthians 15:26
- Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. ~Matthew 5:4
These are only but a few of the many bible verses about death. It is coming for all of us. Do you believe in the one who conquered death?
The only one who died and rose again was and is Jesus Christ.
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. ~John 3:16
Have you placed your trust and faith in him? Death is coming for us all, what then?