Jessie, Paris is Always a Good Idea nominated me for aÂ kick-ass blogger award almost a month ago and now I am just getting around to posting.Â Thanks Jessie & sorry for the delay!
I was as surprised as you may be reading this right now!Â Okay, maybe itâ€™s not really an award..but it still feels pretty good that things I am launching into cyberspace just may be creating ripples, (somewhat like throwing rocks in the dark)!
So here are the actual rules, which I believe should maybe be broken somehow or at least bent.
1. Answer 7 random questions about yourself (as asked by nominator)
2. State 7 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate up to 7 other bloggers who are kick-ass.
4. Ask 7 random questions to those you nominate.
7 Random Questions About Me (asked by Jessie)
If you could liveÂ anywhereÂ in the world,where would you go?
Most likely to the mountains, where I could see forever or the desert, where I could also see forever!
Whatâ€™s your idea of a good time?
Being with my family camping and campfires!Â (drawing & riding my bike are a close second, but those are solitary pursuits)
What is your favourite quote?
“The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before, that’s the deal.” ~CS Lewis (reminds me of how blessed I am to have been loved and to be loved now, never take it for granted)
If you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?
Jesus, but I will someday; so dead – CS Lewis (fascinating writer, speaker and christian apologist); alive – Robert Duvall (best actor ever).
Favourite breakfast food?
Egg wrap & fresh fruit juice! (or potatoes, eggs & ketchup)
Which is your favourite Tv Show?
More of a movie guy -Â The Searchers & Lonesome Dove, most any western!
Whats the most unusual thing youâ€™ve ever eaten?
Probably rocky mountain oysters! (If you don’t know, don’t ask!)
7 Random Facts about Me
- I have only not had a dog for about 18 months during my lifetime.
- I have raced in mountain and road bike races, even winning a state championship.
- I have a degree thatÂ absolutely nothing to do with my day job.
- I love music and wish I could play an instrument or sing.
- I love chocolate, especially dark.
- I have held the hand of a loved one as they died way too soon!
- I thank God everyday for my wife and daughter!
Now to break the rules, just because I can, I will only ask 5 questions of the 6 nominees listed below.
- If a post (blog or Facebook) asks a question is it okay to ‘like’ but not respond?Â Why or why not?
- What is your favorite book and author? Why?
- Would you rather fly, or drive, take a boat or train and why?
- Hang-gliding, sky-diving or bungee jumping? Again why?
- Cat, dog or some other pet? Please explain your answer.
Bloggers who I think are Kick-Ass
- Carri @ Grace Unveiled
- Christy @ Poetic Parfait
- Lesley @ Inspiration Import
- Diane @ The One Thing I Know For Sure
- Shawn @ Love Wins
- Renee @ CravesAdventure
And now it’s your turn …