Well I’ve passed 50,000 words, 171 double spaced type written pages and still have more to write.Â I hit the goal to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November with 3 days to spare, not to bad considering after 15 days I had less than 14,000 words and no idea where this story was actually going.
But now here I am just over 51K and still have some ideas to put down on paper.Â The last week has been a burst of writing, I love the creative fire that burns brightly at times.Â There have been challenges and setbacks along the way including especially my own negative thinking.Â The editing will come later and right now the novel probably doesn’t make much sense but we’ll deal with that.Â For now I will rest in the knowledge that I reached my goal and can cross this one off the bucket list.Â Getting it published is another item on the bucket list entirely ! 🙂
I owe a huge thanks to a lot of people for encouraging me but most especially –
- My wife Carri who endured a lot of evenings alone giving up her time with me while I was in the other room typing frantically and counting words!
- Also, Mikael who encouraged me in late October via cyber space to take on the challenge when I wasn’t sure there was any chance I would ever complete it.
- My friend and buddy, Shawn, who always see’s the good in me especially when I can’t and often leads me out of my own darkness.
- All those who encouraged me on my blog site, facebook and twitter both family and friends.
- And finally to ‘The Office of Letters and Light Programs‘ for hosting NaNoWriMo!
Wooohooo! Way to go! I’m so proud of you! And I love that you’re surpassing the 50k word mark. That’s awesome… I may be doing the same thing depending on how much time I find to write this week, haha. Fingers crossed!
Seriously though… you did awesome. 😉
You will make it you are to close not too. Just carve out a little time here and there or late at night or early in the morning! That’s what I did! Now I need to catch up on sleep! 🙂
I am so proud of you Mark! You are an amazing man, artist and writer! I am honored to be your wife and can’t wait to read the whole thing! Love you!!!!
Thanks Carri Darlin’! Couldn’t do it without you and your support!
Way to go, Mark! Quite an accomplishment…now you need to post a teaser for all of your fans:>)
Thanks Sharla! Good idea, I’ll see what I can do hopefully soon.