Question: Do you truly believe what you say you truly believe?
Throughout my life at different times I have thought of Jesus as –
- a baby in a manger surrounded by a bunch of animals
- a historical figure who was killed some 2000 years ago
- a vague and confusing idea of what might be ahead after this life
- an idea that represents the good in people and society
- a god(?) uninterested in the day-to-day lives of human beings
But as I’ve aged and traversed my own journey through life encountering the joys and the sorrows,Â I have come to realize that when I surrender to God and allow Him to lead and guide me, He is so much more than I have ever dreamed of.Â A friend and father that shows himself to me anew in a hundred different ways each day; my source of strength and comfort in the black, cold and stillness of night.Â My purpose, my power, my potential in this world and hope in the next.Â I am never truly alone as He loves me and cares for me in each and every moment , in the right here and right now.
He is real and alive now, He is God.
Â He is all I have, all I am and all I can be.
He is in the east and the west, the north and the south,Â
the day and the night, the black and the white!