It is easier to walk away than to pretend everything is okay. #Quote #LoveChangesPeopleTweet
It’s day five of 2020 and to me it already it feels like … well take your pick.
- After a night of little sleep, it’s still dark outside and the fog is so thick.
- Stuck in the middle of a long dark tunnel unsure towards which dim light to turn.
- A moonless night where the dark surrounds you and the trees sway in the breeze like ghosts.
As I reread the bullet points above the theme is the dark.
Hello, darkness my old friend.Tweet
So as I (we) stare into the darkness of the world, others and our own hearts what can we do?
- Get up off your ass, figuratively or literally if you are just laying on the couch.
- Create gratitude, look around and acknowledge things you are grateful for.
- Accept the dark moments as only temporary and endeavor to persevere.
- Cast aside your fears and doubts, even if just for the next moment.
- Remember and believe that there are better things ahead.
There are better things ahead than any we leave behind. ~C. S. Lewis #Quote #JustBelieve #HopeLivesTweet
And so I will forge ahead and I encourage you to do the same. Whether the new year has started out well for you with clarity and intention or like me you are somewhat in a fog. I will continue to pursue my dreams, love my family and friends, believing that hope lives.
Watch for my memoir tentatively titled ‘There is Always Hope‘ which I hope to self-publish later this year. I will continue to edit my trilogy novel series ‘The Chronicles of Faith‘ as well as write poetry for my own anthology collection. I also plan to enjoy the moments, each and every one!
And never, ever forget…